TALLAHASSEE (FLV) – Florida Attorney General Ashley Moody released a video on Tuesday encouraging Floridians to get prepared ahead of hurricane season.
The National Preparedness Month is an observance each September to raise awareness about the importance of preparing for disasters and emergencies that could happen at any time.
Moody said, “Please review your current safety plans and make sure you have the necessary supplies should disaster strike.”
Attorney General Moody’s 2022 Hurricane Preparedness Guide includes the following precautions:
– Know evacuation routes and shelter locations
– Stock up on enough food, water and emergency supplies for you, your family and pets for at least seven days;
– Verify that storm-related products are hurricane-proof or impact-proof before purchasing;
– After the storm, be wary of contractors who solicit door-to-door, quote extremely low prices for repairs, demand large and upfront payments with no return date to do work, or offer to perform repairs at a discount with leftover supplies from another job; and
– Research recovery charities before giving. As solicitations increase following a disaster, so do charity scams designed to profit off the goodwill of others.
To access the complete 2022 Hurricane Preparedness Guide, click here.
Share This Post
Florida’s Voice is a patriotic news network that you can trust to deliver the truth with no hidden agenda. Founder and Editor in Chief Brendon Leslie left his job in mainstream news to practice journalism as it should be, unbiased and unbossed.