By Eric Daugherty
February 22, 2021 Updated 1:17 P.M. ET
TALLAHASSEE (FCV) – After the state of Florida received a denial notice from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) regarding a request for individual assistance for victims of Southwest Florida tornado destruction, Governor Ron DeSantis (R) announced a new method of raising money for assisting victims.
“Governor Ron DeSantis and the Florida Division of Emergency Management (FDEM) launched a donation portal to provide immediate relief for disaster survivors impacted by the tornadoes,” a press release stated.
The donation portal can be reached here.
Speaking on the decision of President Joe Biden’s (D) administration denying the assistance via FEMA, he said, “We cannot continue waiting on the federal government to provide relief to these Floridians.”
“After meeting with survivors last week, it’s clear they still need our help. We’ve helped community leaders launch this portal to expedite assistance for impacted residents and we’re going to ensure they get help,” he continued.
FDEM Director Kevin Guthrie said that the donations will directly give aide to disaster survivors who needed it from FEMA.
“The Division is working around the clock to connect disaster survivors with this vital resource, which will help them recover faster and begin to rebuild after experiencing extensive devastation,” he remarked.
The Florida government is working with the Charlotte Community Foundation to collect and send out the financial assistance to the majority-elderly victims of the Southwest Florida natural disaster that wreaked havoc on homes and infrastructure.
Those impacted by the disaster can call 833-930-3707 to be connected with the donation portal. It is open 7 days per week from 8 A.M. to 8 P.M.
Share This Post
Florida’s Voice is a patriotic news network that you can trust to deliver the truth with no hidden agenda. Founder and Editor in Chief Brendon Leslie left his job in mainstream news to practice journalism as it should be, unbiased and unbossed.