Polls Indicate DeSantis Widening Win-Margin Over Crist as Election Day Nears

By Eric Daugherty, Florida's Voice

September 22, 2022 Updated 10:03 AM ET

Governor-elect Ron DeSantis speaking with attendees at the 2018 Student Action Summit hosted by Turning Point USA at the Palm Beach County Convention Center in West Palm Beach, Florida (Gage Skidmore).
Governor-elect Ron DeSantis speaking with attendees at the 2018 Student Action Summit hosted by Turning Point USA at the Palm Beach County Convention Center in West Palm Beach, Florida (Gage Skidmore).

TALLAHASSEE (FLV) – According to two recent polls, Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis is continuing to expand his lead over Democrat Charlie Crist.

One poll, aggregated by RealClearPolitics out of USA Today/Suffolk, gives DeSantis a hefty 7-point lead over the Democrat challenger, 47.8%-41%. The partisan breakdown is 37D-37R-21NPA and the poll was conducted among 500 likely voters from Sep. 15-18.

The same poll gives Republican U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio a smaller 4-point lead over Democrat U.S. Rep. Val Demings.

Another poll, released by Civiqs, gives both Republicans a lead over their Democrat opponents, but Rubio with a smaller one.

In the Civiqs poll, DeSantis also holds a 7% lead over Crist: 52%-45%. It gives the Florida governor a 51% favorability rating to Crist’s 37%. Rubio holds a narrower 2-point lead over Demings: 49%-47%. It was conducted among 617 likely voters from Sep. 17-20.

Earlier in September, aggregated polls in RealClearPolitics gave DeSantis a 4-point lead, with the new aggregate widening to 4.8-point.

Post-primary, one poll gave DeSantis a 3 point lead in late August, then 4, 5, and the latest one – 7, indicating a potential change in momentum in the incumbent’s favor among the public.

Crist also received a post-primary fundraising boost after winning the nomination, but still sags far behind DeSantis overall.

Another election analysis and poll website – FiveThirtyEight – gives DeSantis a 93% chance of winning re-election to Crist’s 7%, with most of DeSantis’ win outcomes occurring around the 7-to-10-point win margin, at the time of reporting.

DeSantis surpassed the gubernatorial fundraising record as he raised $177.4 million through Sept. 9, according to OpenSecrets.

Share This Post

Florida’s Voice is a patriotic news network that you can trust to deliver the truth with no hidden agenda. Founder and Editor in Chief Brendon Leslie left his job in mainstream news to practice journalism as it should be, unbiased and unbossed.

Latest News

0 0 votes
Article Rating
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments