July 21, 2022 Updated 8:41 A.M. ET
ST. PETERSBURG (FLV) – Democrat candidate for governor and U.S. Rep. Charlie Crist followed Gov. Ron DeSantis’ lead and announced he will now endorse candidates for local school board races.
Charlie Crist’s campaign announced his first round of school board picks. Those include:
– Debbie Jordan, Lee County School Board Chair, District 4
– Rev. Eric Cummings, Marion County School Board Member, District 3
– Karen Perez, Hillsborough County School Board Member, District 6
– Sara Jones, Candidate for Polk County School Board, District 6
– Cindy Gibbs, candidate for River County School Board, District 2
– Brian Martin, candidate for Pinellas County School Board, District 6
– Damaris Allen, candidate for Hillsborough County School Board, District 2
“Governor DeSantis is politicizing our classrooms, taking away parental rights, and limiting Florida students’ freedom to learn,” Crist said in a press release. “Florida deserves dedicated public servants on our school boards that won’t inject politics into the classroom, but rather work everyday to fight for the best interests of our students and educators. I’m proud to endorse this incredible slate of candidates to serve on school boards across the Sunshine State.”
Governor DeSantis previously announced he had endorsed 26 school board candidates. DeSantis said the are “pro-parent and pro-student” school board candidates.
“These candidates will ensure our students succeed, protect parental rights in education, and combat the woke agenda from infiltrating public schools at the local school board level. I am pleased to endorse these additional pro-parent candidates for their school board races across the state of Florida,” DeSantis said.
The endorsed candidates have pledged to run on the “DeSantis Education Agenda: Putting Students First, Protecting Parents’ Rights” blueprint. It is a statewide blueprint school board members and candidates can use to advance the governor’s agenda priorities at the local school board level.
Share This Post
Florida’s Voice is a patriotic news network that you can trust to deliver the truth with no hidden agenda. Founder and Editor in Chief Brendon Leslie left his job in mainstream news to practice journalism as it should be, unbiased and unbossed.