January 21, 2021 Updated 4:17 A.M. ET
TALLAHASSEE (FCV) – Friday, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis (R) announced the state’s economic report for December 2021. Florida outperformed the nation in economic indicators like job growth.
According to a press release, Florida created 479,300 total jobs, increasing by 5.6% over the year, which is faster than the national job growth of 4.5%.
“Month after month, the data continues to show that freedom first economic policies create jobs and keep our economy growing,” DeSantis said.
“Our new businesses and workforce growth show that Floridians have the opportunities they need to thrive. We will continue to lead the nation in economic growth because we value the individual freedoms of Floridians and protect the ability for our citizens to succeed.”
Major economic indicators for December 2021:
– Unemployment rate is down to 4.4%
– Labor force is up 29,000 over the month
– Labor force growth is 6.1% over the year compared to 1% nationally
– Florida businesses gained 11,900 jobs over the month
– Private sector employment increased by 461,200 or 6.2%, which is higher than national average of 5%
Share This Post
Florida’s Voice is a patriotic news network that you can trust to deliver the truth with no hidden agenda. Founder and Editor in Chief Brendon Leslie left his job in mainstream news to practice journalism as it should be, unbiased and unbossed.